SUNY Broome Community College and the BCC Foundation are planning a new scholarship year.
Please note that due to some programming changes SUNY Broome is now requiring incoming freshman students to apply for admission to SUNY Broome before they can apply for scholarships.
Once students have applied, been accepted and assigned mycollege user name and password, you apply for scholarships. The correct information can be found here: http://www2.sunybroome.edu/foundation/support-suny-broome/scholarships/
Students should not apply using a personal email account. The prospective registration link is no longer the way to apply for scholarships.
Students can apply to our prospective/incoming freshman scholarships beginning January 7, 2019, with one single online application and be automatically paired to scholarships for which they meet the criteria. Students can also request electronic submissions of recommendation letters from individuals. Once the recommender completes the letters, they automatically upload to the student’s application.
Please refer to http://www2.sunybroome.edu/foundation/support-suny-broome/scholarships/ for complete information on our scholarships, login portal, instructions, etc.
Please note important information students should know:
- Prospective/Incoming Freshman students (who have recently applied and/or been accepted to SUNY Broome, are taking early college or fast forward classes through the high schools) must use the prospective students’ link (sunybroome.awardspring.com/prospective/register) to register and fill out the application.
- Incoming Freshman Application will be available January 7, 2019 through March 22, 2019.
- Students must use a personal email account even if they have been assigned one through SUNY Broome.
- Answer all questions as accurately as possible.
- Keep user name (personal email) and password in a safe place to refer to.
- Log into their scholarship application periodically to make any updates or changes.
- It is recommended that prospective students should apply to scholarships once they have applied to SUNY Broome (they do not have to be accepted) and submitted their FAFSA form as many scholarships rely on this information.
- Refer to our Frequently Asked Questions Guide available on our scholarship webpage for comprehensive information about applying, awarding, tips, and troubleshooting.
We highly recommend visiting http://www2.sunybroome.edu/foundation/support-suny-broome/scholarships/ as it contains everything you and students need to know about our scholarships and process.