*Be sure to provide proof of vaccinations to the health office
Students in grades PK & K, 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th, and any new students must provide that school with an updated physical submitted on a NYS Health Exam Form (see below).
We recommend students to see their own medical providers when possible since your doctor knows your child best. If a physical exam, or proof of an upcoming exam, cannot be provided by your own private doctor, the school physician will provide one for your child free of charge. If you chose to take your child to your own physician, a copy of the physical must be submitted to the health office by October 15.
All physicals are vaild for 1 year from the date of the exam.
Junior and Senior High School students participating in sports must have an athletic physical scheduled through the appropriate health office.
New York State Law requires that:
• Parents or guardians must personally deliver all medication to the school health office (unless a self carry order form is signed by parent and physician). All Controlled Medications must be brought by an adult.
• All medication must remain in properly labeled pharmacy or original over-the-counter (OTC) containers.
• A new prescription/medication form signed by the medical provider is required at the beginning of every school year.
• The parent/guardian must sign the medication permission form.
• Permission forms for medication administered must be filled out completely, meaning both guardian and provider needs to fill in their designated area. Should we receive a form that is not fully completed; the form will be considered null and void. We are not responsible for obtaining signed permission from your provider; it is your responsibility as their guardian.
We request that you ask your pharmacist to give you a second identically labeled container for any prescription medications your student will take at school. This will allow the School Nurse to send these medications on field trips and comply with New York State laws pertaining to medication storage.
Medication forms are available on our district web site or may be obtained from the School Health Office. Your physician may use their own form if desired.
NYS Mandated Screening Guidelines : Vision, Hearing, Scoliosis & Growth
An annual vision and hearing screening will be done by the school nurse as mandated by New York State for all new entrants for the district as well as students in grades K, 1, 3, 5, 7, and 11. These tests provide only a screening for potential problems. You will be notified of any deficiencies found. A follow up examination, by your physician, will be required for diagnosis and treatment.
Scoliosis screenings will be done on all girls in grades 5th and 7th, and boys in grade 9. If the nurse suspects a problem, the student will be re-screened before a referral is made.
Annual growth assessments will be completed on grades PK, K , 1, 3, 5, 7, 11